How To Update Adhaar Card In 2023
You can update your Aadhaar card by following these steps:
- Visit the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) at https://uidai.gov.in/.
- Click on the “Update Your Aadhaar” tab on the homepage.
- Select the type of update you need to make from the options provided (e.g. name, address, date of birth, etc.).
- Click on the “Proceed” button to start the update process.
- You will be redirected to the “Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal.” If you have your mobile number registered with your Aadhaar, you can select the “Update Online” option. If not, you will need to select the “Update by Post” option and follow the instructions provided to update your details by post.
- If you have selected the “Update Online” option, you will need to enter your Aadhaar number and the security code displayed on the screen, and then click on the “Send OTP” button to receive a one-time password (OTP) on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click on the “Verify” button.
- You will be redirected to the “Update Your Aadhaar” page, where you can enter your updated details.
- Review the information you have entered and click on the “Submit” button.
- You will need to upload scanned copies of supporting documents to verify your update request.
- Once your update request is accepted, you will receive an Update Request Number (URN) on your registered mobile number. You can use this URN to check the status of your update request.
It is important to note that you will need to visit a nearby Aadhaar Seva Kendra or authorized enrollment center to complete the update process if you are unable to update your Aadhaar online. You will need to bring original copies of the supporting documents required for the update, as well as a photocopy of your existing Aadhaar card.
update aadhar card documents required
To update your Aadhaar card, you may need to submit one or more of the following documents, depending on the type of update you are making:
- Proof of identity (POI) documents: These include documents such as a passport, PAN card, voter ID, or driving license that contain your name and photograph.
- Proof of address (POA) documents: These include documents such as a utility bill, bank statement, or rental agreement that contain your name and current address.
- Proof of date of birth (DOB) documents: These include documents such as a birth certificate, school leaving certificate, or passport that contain your date of birth.
- Other supporting documents: Depending on the type of update you are making, you may also need to submit additional documents to support your update request. For example, if you are changing your name due to marriage, you may need to submit a marriage certificate.
It is important to note that the documents you need to submit may vary depending on the type of update you are making and the specific requirements of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), which manages the Aadhaar program. You can check the list of acceptable documents on the UIDAI website or at an Aadhaar Seva Kendra or authorized enrollment center. You will also need to bring photocopies of the original documents, as well as your existing Aadhaar card, when you visit an Aadhaar Seva Kendra or enrollment center to update your Aadhaar.